Friday, June 22, 2007

Quick answer to a question

I have a question in the comments that I cannot answer as I don't have an address.

So - yes, the jackets are sold - but only really in the Tentmakers' Khan. They are rare - one was made some years ago for a Saudi Prince, and they were a bit surprised when I ordered them. I took the tentmaker and the fabric to a tailor as I wanted it well made. I had also a jacket (two actually) that I liked and which fitted well. We left the fabric there, and the tentmaker phoned when it was cut out. The tentmaker collected it. Then they sewed on the appliqué. Then they took it back to the tailor (I had delivered the lining in the meantime). He cut out the lining, and made up the jacket. The tentmaker picked it up and rang me to collect it.

Yes - I could have bought it from the tailor but the tentmaker wanted to see my face when I collected them. It was my dear friend Mohamed Dendon, who is coughing far too much, smoking still and not looking well - which is worrying.

So the answer is yes - they are for sale - but because they would need a range in different colours and sizes to make on spec I think they will only be made by order for a while.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your prompt reply to my question.

Good luck and best wishes.

6:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf