Sunday, September 25, 2005

Flashback to Kandy

I have never talked about a wonderful antique shop we found in Kandy. I am going to let the pictures do most of the talking, but it was run by Waruna and Yumi, and was a visual feast. It wandered up and down and in and out of small rooms in a single shop – and we just loved it. We were supposed to be looking at jewels in a ‘museum’ but after we discovered this that idea went flying! In fact, we also dropped the visit to the botanical gardens so we could call back in next morning.

Remember - one photo is ‘the tip of the iceberg’ and clicking on it will lead you to a group.

Kandy
The heart shaped silver pieces at the bottom are genital covers for baby girls - worn until they are about two.

Kandy Kandy, Sri Lanka

Kandy, Sri Lanka
Sam and I became 'drive-by shooters' here, as we found that firing random shots towards the street gave us some interesting photographs - even if they were not perfect!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jenny,
I use bloglines to see which of my favourite blogs have new posts and noticed that yours rarely showed up even though, when I checked just in case, there were plenty of new posts to see. I contacted bloglines and they emailed back saying"the XML source file of this blog has not been updated since 1/21/05." This means absolutely nothing to me but in case it does to you I'm sending you this "comment". I love your blog and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write it - it really is much admired and appreciated.

4:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf