Saturday, June 04, 2005

Kuwait Quilt Show

I have sent a lot of pictures of quilts straight to the blog. These are all from the Kuwait show and they are marvelous. It is a great indication of what happens when a group of women have a few good teachers, but are otherwise quite isolated from the great big quilt world out there. Because my blog fairy is away I am afraid they will slot in, each as a separate posting, fill the first page with the first ten pictures, then slide off into the archives for June. Please persist and keep looking – they really are great quilts and the winners are at the bottom of the pile!

I would have sent more – but I am embarrassed to find I have forgotten many names I should remember. I have sent a few without names, so please email me if you know them and I will put them in when I can. If I have forgotten yours, I apologise, it is worst when I can picture the person exactly, and I usually can.

Kuwait, with great generosity, ran a challenge for the whole region, and had quilts from six different countries in the Middle East. The challenge was “Let me introduce Myself” and it could be interpreted in any way within a size limit. They were wonderful quilts, and the most exciting thing for me was seeing influences from other cultures in the quilts. The first few I have sent are not from the challenge, but the rest are.

It was a really wonderful show with a very high standard of work.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

jenny - the quilts are magnificent! are the ones that feature such beautiful curves pieced or appliqued? i liked all of them, and so many of them are really different - inspirations all of them!
debbie elf4, melbourne, vic.

9:52 am  
Blogger Deborah Boschert said...

Wow! Incredible. Thank you so much for sharing. I am enthralled with the winners quilts. Stunning. It's so amazing to see what's happenin in other parts of the world.

1:25 pm  
Blogger Kt said...

Greetings from Alice Springs!
Just to reassure you, before I went away, I changed the blog settings so that you get a lot more posts on that front page - just so things didn't slip of the end so quickly while I'm away.
We're having such adventures here - you'll have to read our blog.

10:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf